Monday, May 2, 2011

Fun Weekend Getaway

Brad and I had a great weekend away in Sioux Falls! We left Friday around 6:30. Later that night we were going to sit in the hot tub at the hotel. While we were sitting in it a pool worker came over to us and said that we couldn't sit in the hot tub because it was lightening outside and that is why the pool area was empty. We looked at him like are you serious? Ugghh!! Is that not why we are at a hotel with an indoor pool? We kinda made jokes about it all weekend. Saturday we slept in and then shopped the day away. We looked at stuff for our bathroom which will hopefully be remodeled in the near future. I will post before and after pictures! We ate supper at Red Lobster which was delicious but almost too much Sea food at one time! After eating we went and sat in the hot tub because it was NOT lightening. There was a lady walking around the hotel selling roses and my sweet husband bought me one! What a nice romantic guy! After that we went to our room and read our books until we couldn't keep our eyes open. Sunday morning we slept in again and than had breakfast and headed home to pick up our kids from Grandpa and Grandmas!

The kids had a blast with Grandpa and Grandma and on Saturday Abby got to play with her cousin James. She hates having to leave Grandpa and Grandma's house! She loves sleeping in the big pink bed! I think she might get a little spoiled there!

Last night we were at Brad's parents house and I just looked at facebook on my phone and everyone had posted that Osama Bin Laden was dead! Woo Hoo!! I know it is sad that a man lost his life especially when we know that he is not in Heaven but he was such a horrible man. I pray that Al Quida will subside and maybe there can be some peace. I have my doubts. I have fears that this will bring more anger towards the United States and more horrible things will continue to happen but I trust God. He holds the whole world in his hands and has each event planned already! I thank God for our troops who are willing to put there lives in danger for our freedom! There are not enough thanks you can give all of those great men and women!

What did you do this last weekend? What are your thoughts on Bin Laden dying? I am just curious what everyone thinks about this event!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa- We did NOTHING and it was FANTASTIC!! :) I found out through facebook as well about Osama... It will be interesting to see what happens in the future, but you nailed it, we know who holds it. Clevey & I were talking about how a Christian should respond to the situation... tough situation. But we know God served His justice, we know where he will be for all eternity- and we TRUST that God is in control! :) Glad to hear you had a relaxing weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete